Paintstravaganza: Part 1

Day 1: I masked off the bits of car that I wanted to get no paint whatsoever. After that I gave the cage and mounting pads a rub-down with some mineral spirits, followed by a pass of Isopropyl Alcohol to clean off any residue, and then got the first couple coats on the majority of the cage (ie: the bits I want to be red).

20141125_172904

Now it’s starting to look like a race cah! Day 2 involved lots and lots and lots of brown paper and masking tape. Just, so much. Obviously at this point, we want to protect anything that is currently red, that we want to *remain* red.

20141126_163252

Awful picture, but you can see how much of the red on the floor is just dust that basically wipes right up. A little Mineral Spirits and Boozeohol and voila: paintable surface.

20141126_202800

I feel like I should have left that until after the last coat of paint was on before pulling it.

20141126_205408

The final product of part 1. The next few days will be filled with Thanksgiving festivities in various parts of the South East, so now that the bits prone to rust (that I just spent a bunch of money on to get fabricated) are less prone to rust, I think I can take a couple days off.

20141126_210457

The remainder of the interior will be cleaned & painted in sections over the coming weeks.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s